In September 2021, the University of Chicago appointed Kenneth Pomeranz as new Faculty Director of the Yuen Campus in Hong Kong. Professor Pomeranz, a distinguished University Professor of Modern Chinese History and in the College, will join Yuen Campus Executive Director, Mark Barnekow in our upcoming online UChicago Focus program September 30th, 8:30pm HKT.
Please register to hear Professor Pomeranz recount his knowledge of the history of the University of Chicago’s presence in Hong Kong, stories of challenges he encountered while researching the history of our heritage site on Mount Davis, and his vision for Yuen Campus academic involvement in Hong Kong and East Asia in the future.
Bring your questions for Professor Pomeranz and join the lively conversation as he begins his tenure as the new University of Chicago Yuen Campus Faculty Director.
- University Professor of Modern Chinese History and in the College
- Faculty Director, Hong Kong Faculty Advisory Board for the University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong
- Faculty Member, Center for East Asian Studies
- Faculty Member, Stevanovich Institute on the Formation of Knowledge
- The University of Chicago
Mark Barnekow (MBA '88)
- Executive Director
- The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong