With the rise of NFT (Non-fungible tokens) art values, online art and collectible marketplaces like Nifty Gateway have become a haven for digital artists to monetize and showcase their artwork. This phenomenon is rapidly expanding to the physical world as traditional auction houses like Christie’s and Sotheby’s have taken steps to merge with the virtual world by auctioning digital art and accepting crypto.
How are both traditional and new virtual platforms accelerating the value of digital art? Are digital art and collectibles genuinely here to stay?
In this second episode of the Yuen Campus /pɒp/Asia series, Matthew Ferrick, Producer at Nifty Gateway, and Noah Davis, Head of Digital Sales from Christie’s will join Professor Randy Kroszner to explore how traditional and virtual art selling platforms are impacting the art world and changing the economy one token at a time.
*Please note that there is a program change that Ms Lindsay Howard from Foundation is not able to join us for this live session. Mr Matthew Ferrick from Nifty Gateway will join us instead.
- Producer, Nifty Gateway & Creator, The WIP Meetup
- Previously co-creator @ Cent/Valuables, Samsung BioLogics
- Associate Vice President of Post-War and Contemporary Art Department
- Specialist, Head of Digital Sales
Professor Randy Kroszner
- Governor, Federal Reserve System (2006-2009)
- Deputy Dean for Executive Programs and Norman R. Bobins Professor of Economics at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business